Friday, October 8, 2010

Lucky 13

Apologies for the unplanned hiatus....sometimes technology just doesn't play along. I tried to blog from my cellphone; just couldn't do it. I need a proper keyboard in front of me! 'Deer Tick - War Elephant' is soundtracking tonight....he's got one of those unmistakable voices and I love the images their lyrics conjure up. There is something dusty and world-weary yet optimistic about it.

Cynicism seems to be a respected form of wit, a show of intelligence, a mask of superiority. 'I have done and seen so much I'm bored'. Granted, cynical comments can be very funny, but I always get a little shiver of sadness. Children capture me with their wondrous innocence. We can't hang onto that indefinitely but we can unburden ourselves of the heaviness around us. Don't limit yourself to a life lived by opinions and judgements. Liberation lies in true freedom of thought. Try it.

Here is a super yummy healthy side dish. Baked sweet potato. 4 med sized sweet potatoes, scrubbed, skin on. 100g butter, softened. 2 cloves garlic, crushed. 1-2 med-hot chillies chopped. 1 TBSP fresh grated ginger. 1/2 cup fresh coriander, washed and chopped. Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees celsius. Prick sweet potatoes a few times and bake in oven until soft. About 45 mins - 1 hr. Mix rest of ingredients and refrigerate until sweet potatoes are cooked. Slice open sweet potatoes and fill with butter mix. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment