Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Downing Street

Another day of more buds on all the trees in our garden and busy birds building nests... Love the changing seasons. Got the headphones filtering some anthemic rock in the form of Doves "Some Cities" (soon to be followed by "The Last Broadcast") into my ears. It's that real English alternative rock; music with so many layers and intricacies and rollercoaster emotions...I can never listen to 'Walk in Fire' just once. Got to love it.

Balance. Rolls off the tongue so easily but is a bit more difficult to apply day to day. I find it a lot easier to deal with things when I accept that some days are better than others. Today wasn't a great day...although this music is helping a lot! I couldn't imagine life in monotone. I am grateful that I feel incredibly happy most of the time and it seems that the occasional down day makes me appreciate happiness even more. I guess the lesson is in the acceptance of events rather than the resistance of them. I am not talking about accepting anything other than what you want from life, but realising that there are ups and downs.

Here's a cop-out pasta recipe that is super healthy and delicious. Enough for 4. 18-20 cherry/ rosa tomatoes cut in half. 1x tin of tuna (I did say cop-out). 18-20 black olives pitted and quartered. A handful of flat-leaf parsley chopped. Good (organic if possible) extra virgin olive oil. Pasta of your choice. Cook pasta al dente, rinse, drain put back in pot and onto a med heat. Pour in a good glug of olive oil, toss and add rest of ingredients. Stir through to warm. Serve with grated parmesan. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment