Monday, March 14, 2011

The last of the teens

It's coincidental, but the chronological order of this blog is just right for me dealing with the footage I chose to watch of Japan on Friday. Band of Horses is adding their disjointed, connected commentary tonight with "the hell I saw, the hell I saw" on "Cease to Begin". Truthmongers of great talent. I'm not dragging them into it, but their considerate, real-life lyrics and music give me goosebumps, and while I can't be anything but grown-up since I saw nature sway and swirl all over our human fixedness, they just help with emotional perspective.

Watch 3 minutes of towns being swept into the interior and tell me that 'It's because of the whales and dolphins'. Why do we need to deal with fathomless tragedy using puzzlingly apportioned blame? Judging karmic intervention using christian-based western standards is as prescient as placing all your happiness eggs in a shiny materialistic basket. We are minutiae; transient life forms in an ancient galaxy too big for our minds to comprehend and yet important enough in our lifetime to somehow contribute. It's about pulling together as a race, not a religious/political/wealth/geographical group. It's not as hard as it seems. Who are you and what do you really want? I mean 'really' in it's widest possible sense . Open your mind and then make it yawn. Inhale the fresh air and exhale the stale thoughts. Love with an open heart and mind.

No food tonight, but end a meal with a few pieces of dark chocolate and some smooth red wine... and tell the people you love that you love them. I'm a susceptible survivor....

No comments:

Post a Comment